As the world becomes more digitized, it’s no surprise that the process of obtaining a visa is becoming easier and more accessible for freelancers. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a prime example of this, as they have recently launched a new initiative that allows freelancers to apply for a UAE visa online.
For many freelancers, the opportunity to live and work in the UAE is a dream come true. With its bustling economy and vibrant culture, the UAE has become a popular destination for freelancers from all over the world. However, obtaining a visa to live and work in the UAE can be a complex and time-consuming process, which has deterred many freelancers in the past.
Visa Application Process
Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Gather the necessary documents: Before you begin your online application, you will need to gather some important documents. This includes a copy of your passport, proof of income, and a sponsor. Your sponsor can be a company or an individual who is willing to vouch for you and provide the necessary documentation.
- Visit the official website: Once you have your documents ready, you can visit the official website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in the UAE. This is where you will begin your online application.
- Apply for the freelancer visa: On the website, you will find a section for visa applications. You will need to select the option for the freelancer visa and fill out the application form with your personal details.
- Pay the visa fee: After completing the application form, you will need to pay the visa fee online using a credit or debit card.
- Wait for approval: Once your application and payment have been submitted, you will need to wait for your visa to be approved. This usually takes around 5-7 business days.
SMART APPLICATION LINK FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION Click here
Benefits of the Freelancer UAE Visa
- Easy and Convenient Application Process: The new online visa application process is much more convenient for freelancers, as it allows them to apply for their visa from anywhere in the world. This saves them time and money that would have been spent on visiting an embassy or consulate.
- Long-Term Stay: The UAE freelancer visa allows freelancers to stay in the country for up to three years, which provides them with ample time to establish themselves and grow their business.
- No Local Sponsor Required: Unlike other types of visas in the UAE, the freelancer visa does not require a local sponsor. This means that freelancers have more control over their business and are not tied to a specific company or individual.
- Access to Local Markets: Freelancers who obtain a UAE visa can tap into the local market and work with local clients. This can be a major advantage for those who want to expand their business and gain more clients.
- Access to State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: The UAE has state-of-the-art infrastructure and is home to many world-class facilities, including coworking spaces, networking events, and other resources that are specifically designed for freelancers.
- High Standard of Living: The UAE has a high standard of living and offers many amenities and services that can make life more comfortable for freelancers, including modern housing, transportation, and healthcare.
It’s important to note that in order to be eligible for a freelancer visa in the UAE, you must have a valid passport, proof of income, and a sponsor. The sponsor can be a UAE-based company or an individual who is willing to vouch for you and provide the necessary documentation.
In addition to the online visa application process, there are a number of other resources available to freelancers who are looking to work in the UAE. For example, there are a number of coworking spaces and networking events that cater specifically to freelancers, providing them with the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals and build their professional network.
To be eligible, the freelancer needs to provide a bank statement showing an earning of a minimum of Dh360,000 for the last two years or the equivalent amount earned in any other currency.
If an applicant does not meet the requirements, their application is declined automatically online after 30 days. It is important to note that the fee and financial guarantees are refundable if the request is declined by the ICP, in case the application is returned thrice for the same reason.
The fee for the virtual working program is AED350 per person. All applicants will receive the entry permit and all details in their email.
All in all, the new online visa application process is a game-changer for freelancers who are looking to work in the UAE. With its streamlined process and user-friendly interface, it has never been easier to obtain a visa and start your freelancing journey in this exciting and dynamic country.
You can get other Information on the links mentioned below:
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs
- Coworking spaces in the UAE
- Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security ICP
- ICP Smart Services Click here
If you’re a freelancer who is interested in working in the UAE, be sure to take advantage of the new online visa application process. With the right documents and a little patience, you can obtain your visa and start your journey in the UAE.